Christmas Onion recipe
6 medium onions.
10 ounces of grated cheddar cheese.
2 cups of milk.
¼ cup of flour.
4 tablespoons of butter.
Dash of hot pepper sauce.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Instructions for Christmas Onions:
- Pre-heat your oven to 325°F.
- Thinly slice the onions into rings.
- Put the onion rings in a suitably sized buttered casserole dish.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Blend in the flour and gently stir in milk.
- Cook until the mixture has thickened and season with the hot pepper sauce and salt and pepper.
- Add 6 ounces of the grated cheddar and stir until it has melted.
- Pour the sauce over the onion rings and top with other 4 ounces of cheddar.
- Bake, uncovered, for 60 minutes.